Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Funny Story

Friday night we got the baby bed put together and set up in the room exactly where we want it!  Well, Matt immediately said that he HAD to go to Wal-Mart and buy a mattress for it.  He was SO SO excited!  I mentioned to him before he left that I wanted the bedding for the crib as well because I just can't wait to see what it will look like.  I SAID THIS, NOT WANTING HIM TO GO AND BUY BEDDING, but because I was just saying in general that I couldn't wait. 

About 45 minutes later, my lovely Matt comes back with not only the mattress, BUT a pink fitted sheet, mattress pad, and a crib bedding set!  It was a very cute lady bug crib set with light pink and lime green, which matches the room perfectly!  BUT............We already picked out the jungle themed bedding from BabiesRus, and I nicely told him that he was VERY SWEET to do that, but it wasn't what we exactly had in mind.  He thought she could have 2 bedding sets!  I very nicely explained to him that she will only need 1 bedding set because her whole room would be themed around that 1 set. 

Ok, I felt horrible because he tried so hard, and he was so sweet to do that!  But, I shot him down and the next day I took the bedding back to Wal-Mart and got our money back.  Now, was that mean of me??  Maybe...but, it turned out to be a funny story to tell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment